Friday, August 01, 2014

52 Ancestors: #31 My parents are 6th cousins

Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small has issued herself and her readers a challenge for 2014. It’s called “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks”, and as Amy explains, the challenge is to “have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor”.

For the 31st week of this challenge, I chose my late father Maurice Belair (1927-1996).

My Dad, who passed away 18 years ago, knew that he and Mom were related. I showed him a chart I made after discovering their most recent common ancestors, a couple named Paul Martel and Marie Madeleine Guillot, who married in 1698 on Ile d’Orléans near Quebec City.

Here’s the chart I originally created in 1986, which I updated for my blog. It shows how my Mom Jacqueline is the 6th cousin twice removed of my Dad Maurice.




Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment